Brokenfence Photography

Visit my site for more photos!

Monday, August 11, 2008

The Animal Haven's 60th Birthday Party

So Trying to give back was something I had been thinking about allot lately.. Since I really didn't have a clue as to how to proceed, I never really took it any further than an idea... Then came Snow the white, Deaf, awesome Border Collie / Aussie mix.


We adopted Snowy
in March, two months after loosing our dog Bailey to cancer. We got her at the Animal Haven in North Haven, CT. My Wife, Christine, decided she too wanted to "give back" as she really hasn't done anything with the West port Nature Center in a couple of years so, she got in touch with the folks at the Animal Haven and volunteered our services which I thought was an awesome idea.. I would do photography for their events and she would use her proofreading / copy editing / writing skills for their mailers, proposals and such.


When we attended the 60th anniversary party and I was the official photographer, we had a blast and I think all the dogs had a great time. The West Haven and Hamden, CT. Police K-9 units were on hand for a working police dog demo.. There was an Agility Demo, a pooch parade and more. It was a great time.
So if your in the area and are looking to adopt a great Cat or Dog, Please give the Animal Haven a call..
remember, lots more photos can be seen here.







Ct, funny man / DJ / song writer Vinnie Penn.


Puppy in Agility area.


A good looking Collie


Good friends giving an Agility demo.


Collie and her Human.


A good looking and agile Pup.


A good looking guy!

Another handsome boy.


Police Dog.


Hamden and West Haven K-9 units.

No comments: